following pages are meant as an informal introduction to
asymptotic safety and as a guide to the literature.
Asymptotic Safety FAQs
These FAQs are now quite out of date.
They may still serve as a general introduction, but they do not reflect the current state of the field.
The situation as of summer 2017 is described in
Another book by Reuter and Saueressig will be available soon.
a relatively complete annotated bibliography on the subject, in roughly chronological order, including a list of papers on closely related arguments.
Benedetti-Eichhorn-Saueressig meetings Quantum
- Quantum Spacetime and the Renormalization Group, Bad Honnef (Germany) June 19 - 22, 2018
- Probing the Fundamental Nature of Spacetime with the Renormalization Group, NORDITA, Stockholm, March 22 - 28, 2015
Quantum Spacetime and the Renormalization Group Leiden, February 13-17, 2017
Other dedicated meetings
- Quantum Fields - from
fundamental concepts to phenomenological questions ,
MITP Mainz, September 26
- 28, 2018
- On a safe road to quantum gravity with matter, Hvar (Croatia), September 11 - 14, 2018
- Asymptotic safety in a dark universe, Perimeter Institute, June 5 -7, 2018
- Shapes of gravity, Radboud University,
Nijmegen, March 30 - April 3,
- Renormalization group approaches to quantum gravity Perimeter Institute, April 22-25, 2014
2016, slides and videos avaliable here
|me and Omar Zanusso on Mt Giewont, Zakopane, May 2009||Pedro Machado, Dario Benedetti
and Frank Saueressig, Perimeter Institute, 11/2009
|Daniel Litim, Astrid Eichhorn, Alfio Bonanno, Perimeter Institute, 10/2012||Daniel Litim, myself, Carlo Pagani, Pointe de l'observatoire, Savoie 10/2012|
myself, Daniele Oriti,
Dario Benedetti, University of Waterloo, 10/2012
||Tim Morris, Holger Gies, Christof Wetterich, Paris, July 2018|
Theory of Fields: Effective or Fundamental? A talk by
Steven Weinberg at CERN, July 7, 2009
Talk by M. Shaposhnikov at "Why m_H=126 GeV?"http://workshops.ift.uam-csic.es/WMH126/program.html
Gravity at high energy A talk by Steven Weinberg at Strings 2010
Last update 30/09/2018